Wednesday, July 21, 2010

My Blog Bucket List



Day 2 of the SITS, ProBlogger & Blog Frog '31 Days to Build a Better Blog' Challenge:

Today's task: "Write a list post."

Write a list?  I have a confession to make:

My name is Kelly, and I am a LIST-aholic.

If I can find a piece of paper, envelope, napkin, heck anything to write on, and can make columns of things to check or cross off, I am on it! Wish lists, chore list, grocery list, Christmas list. I even make a list of what I am going to pack in a suitcase so I can check it off as it goes in my bag. To write this post, I made a LIST!

As I began writing, I realized that the one list that I have not created (yet) is a 'Bucket List'. Can you believe it? I can't. I mulled that over and thought how can I tie that into this task. The reason this is created is so that you can make a list of all the things you want to do, see or experience before you 'kick the bucket'.

I am not wishing the demise of my blog, quite the opposite; but why not make a Blog Bucket List? Using the same principle, create a list of goals that I would like to accomplish with my blog. Start out with a few and as with any list, I can add or change as things are crossed off.

Here goes:

1. Grow Readership & Followers- My goal is to have 500 followers. I don't know why I picked this number, but it seems like a good one. To have my blog grow in this way, well, would be great.

2. Increase Comments: Have folks get to know eachother on my blog by sharing discussions.

3. Find a Sponsor/Advertiser

4. Get Paid to Write- Working off number 3...

**Dreaming Lottery Dreams Here**

5. Travel because of my blog- To cover sporting events? How cool would that be to write about the Tour de France (even one stage) IN France? Specialized, Trek, Cannondale, Nike, are you listening?

I'm sure if I sat here long enough, I could think of more, but this is a good start.

What would be on your Blog Bucket List?

Let me know!

13 comments:

  1. maybe it's a trait common to online writers... cause i love a good list too. i often start and/or end my day by writing a list to organize my day or put my mind to rest. it's so calming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an interesting twist on the challenge! How are you working towards each?

    I'm a list writer too - backs of envelopes, on scraps of paper, a moleskin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent blog goals! I followed so you're one step clser to 500!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this topic! You've inspired me to make a blog bucket list now, what a great idea! Your goals are great, too!! Found you through 31DBBB!

    ReplyDelete
  5. travel because of the blog?

    that is what speedskating is for! it forces one to travel!

    #3 & 4 are always the killer, arent they?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your list. A couple of years ago my mother was visiting and was watching me make a list and laughed because she writes her list in the very same way I do! My oldest daughter at 10 is a die hard list writer- I guess it is in the genes!
    Good luck on achieving all your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone!

    Patrice-I love your blog-and I am so glad you stopped by! Would love to hear what you added to your Blog Bucket List! :)

    Andrew- I would LOVE to travel to cover speedskating...but when not competing, it would be a large dime to drop in my bucket! The sponsorship would help to get me there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. lol - napkin & envelope lists. Seriously, those are the BEST! We may need a support group for all these Listaholics! At our LA meetings, we could make a list of all of the things we need to change...oh wait. Nevermind. :)) ~~Liz @ Sunny Bug

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your list. I share a few of those bucket items, like making $$ off this thing!!!

    Thanking you for stopping by my guest post at ScaryMommy. I appreciate the read! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun idea! I love lists too! Must make one again soon! Good luck with your goals. They sound super reachable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stopping by from SITS. I totally need to do this for my blog. Hmm, I'll have to give it some thought.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that you made a Blog Bucket List! And I'm a list maker too-- seriously have a complex. I have like three notebooks laying around, write on the back on envelopes and use my iPhone notes app just about every day. Listaholics unite!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails