My view before heading out to the rink.
I missed my morning workout yesterday because I had not one, but two sniffling, coughing, "my throat hurts" kids home sick. I completely empathized with them, for not too long ago, I was inflicted with the same exact thing. So, I gladly catered to tea making, Gatorade pouring and any- food- you- feel- like- eating- making.
Today, one sucked it up (they have a game later- and they don't want to sit out) and went to school, the other remained home, sounding a little better, but still having that glassy-eyed look. After getting "sicky" settled, I decided to head to the rink to make up for yesterday's absence, even though I really didn't feel like going.
I showed up an hour into the two hour session. Better late than never. I laced up my skates and walked through the doors into the cool rink and thought, I do not want to be here. But, I continued to walk toward the ice, through the hockey box and opened the heavy door. I stepped onto the ice, carefully took my blade guards off, closed the door and pushed off to glide to my warm up laps. As soon as I finished my warm up, I knew how the rest of this hour would go. Today was going to feel like a "maintenance" day. Get the laps in and get out. I really hate days like these. I mean this is the sport I love, it should never feel like a chore.
Tomorrow will be a new day to work through laps and I will love every single minute of it!

Those days are hard. However, we all have them. Hope your skate the next day went better.
ReplyDeleteYes, like going through a to do list...15 laps, check...15 laps, check...20 laps, check...etc.
ReplyDeleteI actually did not skate the next day- I went for a run and it was just what I needed to turn my mood around.
I went to Lake Placid yesterday and skated on the oval...first time this year and it was AWESOME!! Will be putting up a blog post soon!