I have been inspired to write again. I came home yesterday from work early in the afternoon because I was sicker than a dog. My throat was on fire, I had a fever of 101 and I ached all over. After taking a quick nap, I trudged into the kitchen to make homemade turkey soup. My daughter put in this movie for me as I made my way back to the couch and as I watched, I realized why I liked this film so much. Now, in all fairness, I read the book and LOVED it (more than the movie) but something about Meryl Streep made me enjoy the story in a different way.
I love food. I love to cook it and I love to eat it. There is something that gives you that warm fuzzy feeling when you create a dish that brings joy to others, which in turn brings joy to you.
The character Julie said that "Julia saved her" by giving her a goal, which at times, tested her patience, sanity and waistline. But, Julie perservered and made all 500+ recipes in 365 days, blogging each day of her adventure.
So, after watching a movie on cooking, blogging/writing and perserverance, I am ready to start striking these keys on a more regular basis!
Thanks Julie and Julia for "saving me".
Oh, and by the way, the soup was fabulous.

I'm glad you got inspired! Now I'm kinda inspired to get off my blog and watch the movie. ;)
ReplyDeletewelcome back! inspiration is the best drug for a writer!
ReplyDelete