The school year is divided into 3 hectic blocks. The beginning, holiday time and end of the year. Each have their own stress levels, but I think end of the year is the highest on the stress list. Exams, yearbook signings, proms and the count down to summer vacation that cannot come fast enough!
This year we get to add a 24-hr flu bug to the mix.
When I called to let the attendance office know that my child would be home sick, I had to leave a voice mail. About two hours later, the clerk called and asked if my child was home sick and I asked if they had received my message. "Oh, I see my light blinking, but I have not had a chance to listen to my messages yet! It has been crazy in here today!" she answered. Poor lady. Apparently, a good portion of the school was having the same kind of day.
So,to all who encounter the sick kid, parent that has stayed home all day nursing the patient, the attendance lady that has fielded 100 phone calls or the teacher that has had to restructure their lesson plans for the day, be patient. End of the year stress can get ugly but if you give it a week, everyone will be in a much happier place.
No comments:
Post a Comment