Pretty picture but what exactly is a retail store like Macy's telling us to believe in? Are we to believe the economy shall magically improve thus inducing us to spend, spend, spend? I believe I shall not go further into debt simply because a hardly subliminal, garishly lit sign told me to "Believe". I believe we can count on each other and that is not something that can be wrapped up in a box with a sales slip in case one needs to return it. X David
Macy's, especially at Christmas time, reminds me of a little Natalie Wood wanting to believe so much in Santa in "Miracale on 34th Street".
Plus, I thought the lights were pretty. And just to note, I did not feed the debt monster by purchasing anything. Just enjoyed the lights, that were free.
Perhaps I am a bit bitter, I started at Macy's behind the perfume counter and quit when they insisted I dress up as Santa's elf. Some things cannot be forgiven. Hope to see you over the holidays. X David
I love Macy's and N.Y.C.! Thanks for sharing- ;)
ReplyDeleteare u in nyc? queens mom here!
ReplyDeleteI know! I love NYC too! Seeing everything decorated was nice. Missed going to see the tree this time though. :(
ReplyDeleteNo, not in the City, but close enough to visit!
Pretty picture but what exactly is a retail store like Macy's telling us to believe in?
ReplyDeleteAre we to believe the economy shall magically improve thus inducing us to spend, spend, spend?
I believe I shall not go further into debt simply because a hardly subliminal, garishly lit sign told me to "Believe".
I believe we can count on each other and that is not something that can be wrapped up in a box with a sales slip in case one needs to return it.
X David
Macy's, especially at Christmas time, reminds me of a little Natalie Wood wanting to believe so much in Santa in "Miracale on 34th Street".
ReplyDeletePlus, I thought the lights were pretty. And just to note, I did not feed the debt monster by purchasing anything. Just enjoyed the lights, that were free.
Perhaps I am a bit bitter, I started at Macy's behind the perfume counter and quit when they insisted I dress up as Santa's elf.
ReplyDeleteSome things cannot be forgiven.
Hope to see you over the holidays.
X David
Now, that is just not right! I would have quit too!
ReplyDeleteIt's all good. :)
can't wait to see you over the holidays. I'll buy you a cocktail and we can share horrible job war stories!
XO