It's Thankful Thursday, a month-long guest post series that will be shared on Mom Got Blog every Thursday!
Today's guest post is from the lovely and beautiful Sandi who authors Deva Coaching where she is always "asking the right questions at the right time". Be sure to ask her questions on her blog or connect on twitter @devacoach.
Giving Thanks
![]() |
| Photo credit: Mark Faviell |
We’re north. We harvest earlier. We celebrate earlier.
That’s it?
Yes indeed, and rather unsatisfactorily simple. I was hoping for a bit of historical intrigue, but no. Not today.
Today is about giving thanks.
Today I’m feeling especially thankful for the amazing women I know; some IRL (in real life) and some online. They are the kind of women, that if we all lived in the same city, I’d never get anything done because I’d want to be hanging out with them all the time! That kind of awesomeness that is like really good chocolate or fresh baked bread...you know you should stop after two pieces, but you can’t help wanting more.
These are the gals I usually want more of (I’m using their Twitter handles as that’s how I connected with many of them!). They are the ones who inspire me, make me laugh out loud and make me long to meet in person. In my mind I’ve already started planning a big meet-up/party where we dress up, drink martinis and chat live for hours!
For each of them, I give thanks and share a favourite post from their blogs:
@KPugs – for your dream and commitment to making a difference for the blogging community, along with nourishing home and family
@Nirvana_Mamma – for your initiative and ability to inspire so many during the summer 31 day blogging challenge and for having the courage to follow your bliss
@CrayonWrangler – for your wit & humour, gorgeous talent and ability to dance between mother, entrepreneur and sometimes philosopher
@Mofthesea – for oozing love for C in spite of oh so many reasons you challenge us to call you a crap mom; we and C are blessed
@JaneofAustralia – for living fully, persisting in the face of life’s challenges, beautifully sharing your creativity in its many forms
@ItsLeisa – for lighting the fire under my butt and continually inviting me to play, but mostly inspiring us all with your words
@KarenParitee – for wrasslin’ with those damn diet monkeys on our behalf, freeing us from their tyranny, taking ‘crushing it’ to a whole new level
@FrAmericanDream – for sharing your transatlantic journey so openly and in a way that touches the adventurer in all of us – merci!
@PrettyAllTrue – for magically weaving tapestries from the memories of life, some days inducing tears and other days? SNORT!
@thesyddiegrl – for bouncing back with humour and courage that continually makes me smile with delight
@AnneMelnyk – for your invitation to a Juicy Life; your friendship and partnership has made this a most memorable year
@andreaiolson – for your presence, a way of being that lures me back time and again, and for your delightful money experiment
Thank you.
Two small words that don’t quite cover the depth of appreciation I have for these women and all that they offer. A feast for the senses to fill you up like the best Thanksgiving dinners do.


An attitude of gratitude is a wonderful thing, isn't it?
ReplyDeleteIt takes your life to a whole nother level.
So many gifts, blessings, and we have them right in our own backyard.
Bodies that work, health, children, a home, intelligence: so very much.
WOnderful post to see, thank you for this.
And thank you for your unspeakable kindness to me, it does leave me humbled.
Wow, that is such a simple, practical reason for celebrating Thanksgiving earlier.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful post.
@TheEmpress - It really is an attitude of gratitude and like so much in life, it's not a quick fix, but rather a practice or attitude that makes the difference.
ReplyDelete@Helena - Regarding the earlier Thanksgiving...I know! Weren't you expecting something a bit more historical or meaningful? I felt kind of cheated ;-)
ReplyDeleteI totally embrace an attitude of gratitude...and right now I am grateful for that beautiful sunflower picture on this dreary day!
ReplyDelete