Friday, November 27, 2009

A Dream is A Wish Your Heart Makes

I have been saying to myself "Please pinch me" for the past week.

 I am still amazed that I have been chosen as one of five finalists in the Microsoft Office Blogging contest. What is even more amazing is the outpouring of support that I have received from family, friends and folks that I don't even know. I wish I could share the deep thanks and appreciation I feel for the encouragement you all have given me to continue my quest to fulfill my lifelong dream of being a part of the Olympic Games.

I enjoy both the Summer and Winter Olympics but seem drawn more toward the Winter Games. Maybe I'm partial to my Uncle Bill's stories of competing in the Bobsled or the fact that I compete in another winter sport of speedskating, but regardless of these, I get excited to see each and every sport that are the make up of the Winter Olympics. I keep thinking how incredibly cool it would be to be able to compare my experience with that of Uncle Bill's. Would the Games have the same feel? Would the athlete's anticipation and excitement be the same?

To have the opportunity to see the best of the best compete in their individual sport and the experience the Winter Olympic Games is a dream that my heart has wished upon since being a young girl. To be able to write about it and share with others that story is icing on the cake.

Please let me take this opportunity to say thank you for inspiring me to keep writing and to keep chasing after my dream.

Voting continues through 11/29/09 at http://officewintergames.com/ .

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails